HI everyone ,
I have moved my blog to SharePoint Arrow (Bull’s Eye)
There are multiple scenario where we need to host the Intranet site with domain name or change the port number of existing web application of SharePoint. But most of us don’t know the exact steps how to do that. So my this post describe all steps required for achieving above scenario’s
Step 1. Open HOSTS file in notepad from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and update your domain name with IP of the server
Step 2: Click on Start -> Run -> Type INETMGR -> press enter -> Select you website and click on Bindings -> Click on Edit
Step 3: Enter host header value which you have mentioned in HOSTS file (mysite.com) and update the port number which you want I am using 80 port
Step 4 : Go To SharePoint 2010 Central Administration -> System Settings -> Configure alternate access mappings
Done !! Access your site with new URL.
If you receive error 401.1 when you browse a Web site that uses Integrated Authentication and is hosted on IIS 5.1 or a later version then follow below steps.
To specify the host names that are mapped to the loopback address and can connect to Web sites on your computer, follow these steps:
My 4th open source contribution to Codeplex. Currently I am working on a Project which is product wrapper top of SharePoint. I need to activate almost 20 to 30 feature on every deployment, It takes around 10-15 minute to just activate those feature in Site Collection and Sub Sites. So I created on custom Application Page which will work as a Feature Management.and thought its nice to contribute on codeplex with that project which can help everyone, following are the screen shots and description of the Project. Download Source Code
SharePoint Central Feature Management provides the functionality to manage all feature in Site Collection and all Sub Sites from one central location. also allow to Activate or Deactivate multiple feature on Single Click. Also allow user to Activate all dependent feature associated with current feature. Allow you to activate and deactivate hidden feature also.
1. Activate SharePoint Central Feature Management from Site Collection Feature
2. After enabling the feature it will add link in Site Collection Administration
3. Click on Central Feature Management
4. Action and Filter control
1. Type dropdown will allow you to select type of feature (Site Collection Feature or Web Feature)
2. Select Web dropdown will allow you to select specific web from the dropdown (if type is web in first dropdown)
3. Show dropdown will allow you to select which type of feature you want to display “All”,”Activated”,”Needs to Activate”
4. Hidden Checkbox will allow you set whether you want to include Hidden feature or not.
5. On Filter button click will filter the result and display the result in below grid
6. Activate Button will activate all selected feature
7. Activate with Dependency will allow you to activate all dependent feature associated with selected feature
8. Deactivate button will allow you to deactivate selected feature
Hope this will help everyone – 🙂
Happy Coding !!!!!!
How sharepoint handles escape characters? Sharepoint internally replace escape character with some code like, if you are creating field with space in that name e.g. “my column” then sharepoint replace space with _x0020_ e.g “my_x0020_column”.
Following are the complete escape characters and their code in Sharepoint.
Blank space: _x0020_
Here is the Format:
_x00[the escape code]_
Open your site in SharePoint Designer.
Browse to your list and open the ‘NewForm.aspx’ web form.
Go File -> Save As… and give the form a new name such as ‘NewForm2.aspx’.
Hide the default List Form Web Part from the page (do not delete it!!).
Right click the List Form Web Part -> Web Part Properties -> expand Layout -> check Hidden.
Go Insert > SharePoint Controls -> Custom List Form.
In the List or Document Library Form dialog, select the appropriate list, content type and type of form.
Click OK and a new Data Form Web Part is added with controls representing all the fields from the list (in my environment all the controls show “Error Rendering Control” but this does not affect the final result).
In the newly added Data Form Web Part, delete the rows containing fields not to be shown to the user (ensure that fields being removed are not required fields without default values as this would prevent the user from submitting the form).
At this point, you can do other customisation such as rearranging the fields if you wish.
Save the site.
To make the new form the default form:
1. Open the site in SharePoint Designer.
2. Right click the list in the Folder List and select Properties.
3. Go to the Supporting Files tab.
4. Use the Browse button to enter the path to your new Edit item form.
My 3rd and most important contribution to Codeplex. Recently I need to work on some custom approval workflow. I didn’t get much help on net on Workflows. So I have create Custom Sequential Approval Workflow via Visual Studio 2010 and thought its nice to contribute on codeplex with that project which can help everyone, following are the screen shots of the workflow. Download Source Code
Happy Coding !!!!!
My 2nd open source contribution to Codeplex.
This project is provide the feature for exporting the SharePoint list data to CSV. This can be used for SharePoint 2007 also. But needs to create separate project for MOSS 2007. OOB Export to excel not work if some services is not enable on your machine (Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible application). So this feature will allow you to export all the data which is not hidden to CSV file. One more advantage you can export the any list data from one location
You can access the source code from the Here
I hope this will help, Happy Coding !!!