My 4th open source contribution to Codeplex. Currently I am working on a Project which is product wrapper top of SharePoint. I need to activate almost 20 to 30 feature on every deployment, It takes around 10-15 minute to just activate those feature in Site Collection and Sub Sites. So I created on custom Application Page which will work as a Feature Management.and thought its nice to contribute on codeplex with that project which can help everyone, following are the screen shots and description of the Project. Download Source Code
SharePoint Central Feature Management provides the functionality to manage all feature in Site Collection and all Sub Sites from one central location. also allow to Activate or Deactivate multiple feature on Single Click. Also allow user to Activate all dependent feature associated with current feature. Allow you to activate and deactivate hidden feature also.
1. Activate SharePoint Central Feature Management from Site Collection Feature
2. After enabling the feature it will add link in Site Collection Administration
3. Click on Central Feature Management
4. Action and Filter control
1. Type dropdown will allow you to select type of feature (Site Collection Feature or Web Feature)
2. Select Web dropdown will allow you to select specific web from the dropdown (if type is web in first dropdown)
3. Show dropdown will allow you to select which type of feature you want to display “All”,”Activated”,”Needs to Activate”
4. Hidden Checkbox will allow you set whether you want to include Hidden feature or not.
5. On Filter button click will filter the result and display the result in below grid
6. Activate Button will activate all selected feature
7. Activate with Dependency will allow you to activate all dependent feature associated with selected feature
8. Deactivate button will allow you to deactivate selected feature
Hope this will help everyone – 🙂
Happy Coding !!!!!!